Thursday, September 13, 2012

Halo Helmet

Alright week two and a whole 0 views to my blog. Oh well, it will be more interesting when there are more posts. This week I have gone to four classes, wrote a paper for art class and am stalled out on what topic to pick for my paper that is due tomorrow for English. I bought a new Saiga 12 shotgun, learned how to operate and disassemble it, and bought a Kushnapup stock for it. Also I added my old shotgun to the things I have for sale online, designed a new T shirt that I am still working on to finish, and went to the doctor. Here is another shirt that I designed earlier last month:

It is based on the Zelda games if your not a gamer and didn't know. I put the swords I like best from two of the games and the phrase is from the first game. I mentioned last week that I am working on a set of Halo armor. currently I am trying to finish the helmet. I started with sheets of card stock with the pattern printed on in, cut them and glued them together:

Then I had to coat the inside and outside with resin to strengthen the paper and prevent warping:

Next I put about four coats of Rondo inside the helmet. Rondo is half Bondo and half resin. It is pretty soupy, so one slushes it around and it dries in minutes to a product harder than Bondo, but thicker than resin. A good choice for inside the helmet to add strength and for the parts I need to sand through the paper to make the helmet the correct shape:

The next step was to add Bondo to the outside and begin the very long process of sanding. Add Bondo, sand, primer. Add Bondo, sand, primer.... ext. That is still going on today. I have managed to cut out the visor and add a lot of detail in that area in the past few weeks.
That"s all for this week. Hopefully I can make some progress on the helmet and everything else!


No comments:

Post a Comment